Paper Development Workshop at the 16th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business, 27 – 29 September 2023, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Systematic Literature Reviews (SLRs) Paper Development Workshop
Topic: Developing and Publishing state-of-the-art Systematic Literature Reviews in the Business field.
The purpose of the PDW is to introduce the systematic literature review methodology to both junior and senior scholars and provide them with developmental feedback on their current systematic literature review papers in all areas within the Business field. While we hope that many of these papers will eventually be submitted to various premier journals in the business field, the purpose of the PDW is broader: to improve the quality of systematic literature review papers in business research and to bring new scholars successfully into the implementation of this review methodology. We invite original papers from scholars whose papers apply the systematic literature review methodology. We hope to attract papers from scholars who are developing a systematic literature review paper for the first time (although not mandatory).
The PDW is open to all conference participants. It will be structured to provide extensive feedback to authors whose research papers have been accepted by the workshop organizers and to educate conference participants on how to develop systematic literature reviews. The programme will have 3 components:
- First, an introductory session led by Michael Christofi will introduce to participants and conference audience the aim of the PDW, and address various topics relevant to the manuscript review process for authors seeking to publish a systematic literature review paper in various premier journal outlets in the business field.
- Second, a 120-minutes seminar session led by Dr Michael Christofi will analyse to participants the process and the various components of a systematic literature review paper.
- Third, during a 120-minutes (depending on the number of submitted and accepted papers to the PDW) session, the author(s) of each participating paper will have a 10-minute presentation, followed by a 10 minutes discussion with the PDW Organizer, the PDW participants, the Conference audience and Conference Chairs. The main focus will be on how to improve the papers discussed, so as to increase the probability of acceptance by premier journals in the business field.
Only a limited number of paper development ideas will be accepted for the PDW. Participants will be invited based on the quality and potential intellectual contribution of their submitted work.
- The SLR PDW paper idea should be submitted through the 16th Euromed Academy of Business Conference Submission System: https://emrbi2023.com/
- While submitting through the Conference’s aforementioned online submission portal, please, indicate in your online submission the following reference ID: SLR-PDW.
- Following successful online submission, you should also send your SLR paper idea by email to Michael Christofi (email@example.com) Please note that each applicant should submit only one paper idea.
The deadline for submission of your SLR Paper Idea is 3rd of July 2023. The SLR Paper Idea should include:
- The paper title.
- Main body of the paper/study idea: It should be no more than 350 words, which should include the aim/purpose of the study, need for a systematic literature review and research gap, steps of the systematic review method to be applied, indication to the core findings/ contribution to the literature, indication to the originality/value of the study, implications for practice and the generalisation context/s.
- Contributors’ details.
Your Paper Idea should apply the Systematic Literature Review methodology and focus on any area within the Business field, such as: management, marketing, innovation, entrepreneurship, international business, human resource management, etc. Please note that authors will need to register for the 16th Euromed Academy of Business Conference in order to participate in the SLR PDW.
The SLR PDW is led by Dr Michael Christofi. Please address any questions to: Dr Michael Christofi.
Dr Michael Christofi
Department of Management, Entrepreneurship and Digital Business,
Cyprus University of Technology
Senior Editor, Information Technology & People, Emerald
Associate Editor, International Marketing Review, Emerald
Guest Editor, Journal of International Marketing, Sage
Guest Editor, Journal of Business Ethics, Springer
Guest Editor, British Journal of Management, Wiley
Guest Editor, Technovation, Elsevier
Guest Editor, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research, Emerald